Sunday, April 10, 2011

What is that I hear?

On Tuesday we woke up bright and early (before the sun) and took Penelope to get ear tubes put in. We waited for like and hour and a half before they took her back and then she came out the doors 5 min later to wake up in my arms. I couldn't believe the procedure was that fast. I was amazed. She did great. When she woke up she didn't cry or anything, she was a little startled and looked worried but no tears or noise. The nurses were impressed at how well she handled it. But that is just her personality, she is easy going and doesn't usually get too upset unless she is really hungry :)
Since then she hasn't even acted like her ears bother her at all. She doesn't pull on them or play with them. On Tuesday she was a lot more vocal. That has simmered down but still is talking more than she used to. I like it. I hope she continues to talk more and more. So I guess the tubes are doing their job and helping her to hear better.... or is it just coincidence... nope I don't think so.

on a side note

James and Tony went fishing in Grangville this weekend.  They had a great time and caught a lot of fish. Take a look....

Glad they had a fun and safe trip!

No comments: