Well me and James got more than we bargained for this last weekend. We were heading home Thursday evening for our annual family reunion. Everything was going well. We had just changed drivers outside of Picabo, ID and it was about 9:35 pm. Can't see very well because it isn't quite dark yet but it also isn't very light. We were talking and enjoying each other's company when I looked up and saw something huge in the middle of the road. I screamed, but it was too late. We both knew we were going to hit it. We braced our selves and made contact. Flipped the car, rolled and skidded aways down the road. We were both able to get out of the car and flag someone down for help. Then we saw what we hit. It was a humongous draft horse. (Laying down it took up the entire lane and came to the top of our hood) When we hit it it slid about 80 feet. Apparently someone had hit the horse before we came along (while it was still alive) and just left it there. He came back about 10 min after we hit it and admitted that he had killed it. What an idiot. He should have stuck around and turned on his hazards or something. Anyway. We are both alright. James went to the hospital because he had a head wound, but he is doing alright now. We are both bruised and sore but we are alive.
I am so very thankful that our Heavenly Father was watching over us that night. I know that it is only him that kept us both alive and without serious injury. I know we were very blessed and I am thankful for that. I am also thankful for my parents and my family who came and picked us up at 1:30 in the morning and stayed the night in Hailey until we could gather everything up. They then drove us back to Boise today. I am very thankful for their support and help through all of this.
Dance, Dance and more Dance
7 years ago








4 comments:
Oh my gosh, you guys!! How scary! I'm so sorry that happened, but I'm so so so glad that you are both okay. That part is a miracle, especially after seeing the pictures of the car. Wow!
You guys have been in our thoughts and prayers. We are so glad to hear that you are both doing well. Definitely someone watching out for you two!
HOly cow!! We heard and felt so bad for you guys. But we are so very glad to know you were blessed and safe now. That guy who hit the horse should be kicked really hard for not staying and making sure nobody got hurt. But anyways we love you both and hope all is great for you guys. If you need anything just call we are only an hour away. Love doug and kat Y.
Oh my gosh!!! Normally you hear of people hitting cows or dear but never a draft horse! We are both glad to hear you two are well. I can't believe there wasn't more serious injuries after seeing how bad the car looks. Thank goodness you are both alright. We're coming up in a couple of weeks to bless Jade, we are hoping to get together with everyone while we are up. We'll talk soon! God bless!
Post a Comment