Friday, November 19, 2010

Happiness....

The other night as we were getting ready for bed I couldn't stop smiling and I ran into the bedroom to inform James that I was truly happy being a stay at home mom and with where we are in our lives right now. I truly meant it. I am so happy. Things continue to go so well. Penelope is thriving. At her last appt she weighed 11.1 oz ( she weighed 9.1 oz before surgery) and it has now been 1 1/2 weeks since her last and I am sure she has gained even more. She still loves to eat and is on a better sleeping schedule now. She is getting some of her energy back. It is fun to watch her play and she is even trying to roll again. I am just so glad things are going so well. I just took a quick picture to show how well she is healing and that everything is looking great!

We were able to go to church on Sunday. It was nice to get out of the house and back into the groove of things. I thought she looked so cute in her red outfit I had to take a picture. I love this hat that her Aunt Jana gave her. Unfortunately she didn't do very good at church. She cried most of the time so I was out in the hall alot. I guess she just isn't used to being held or sitting in her seat for 3 hours straight. Oh well we will get better with time I guess, it was still nice to go.

Things are going well with James and his new job. His new company is up and running and he already has his first counseling clients scheduled. He is pretty nervous but I know he is going to do great. I have no worries, he is good at what he does.

With the holidays coming near I want to express my appreciation and gratitude.I am so thankful for all of our blessings, our wonderful friends, our nice apartment, our families, and I am very thankful for James and Penelope in my life. They make me who I am and I pray everyday for their safety and happiness everyday. I am thankful for the little things- Penny's smile every morning, James good job, their happiness, food in our cupboards, being able to have two vehicles. We have much more than most and I think I sometimes take that for granted. I am trying to slow down and enjoy what we have. I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and remember to take the time to sit back and enjoy the time you have with your families. Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

What a great post, Morgan! Penelope looks great--and it sounds like she is growing very well! I loved your gratitude at the end of your post--it really helps to recognize all of the blessings we have! Hopefully we'll see you soon!

Curtis and Steph said...

So glad to see your beautiful little girl is doing so well!!! And glad to read that the surgery went so well! Miss you at work and think about you guys often!!!