Friday, September 21, 2012

Proud

Today I am a proud mom. It is definitely one of the good days to write about. Nothing extraordinary happened today but we are all happy and there haven't been any meltdowns so it is a good day. As I type this Penny and Scotty are playing together. Throwing toys and "talking" to each other. Scotty gets really excited when Penny plays with him. She is giving him kisses and saying I love you. It melts my heart and I smile.

Honestly I had a hard time imagining this when Penny was first born. I didn't know what to expect from her and I am discovering that if anything has limitations on what she can do it is my imagination. She is amazing and smart and loving. Her personality is just fun and joyful. This morning she was so happy. Bouncing up and down and walking in circles. She was showing off for Dad before he left for work. She walked him to the door and waved goodbye from the window saying I love you and bye bye. Then she walked over to me where I was changing Scotty's diaper and I said "I need to throw this in the garbage". She picked it up and I just watched to see what she would do. She walked through the kitchen and right to the garbage and threw it away. I was speechless. I had no idea she knew what the garbage was. The other day I was dancing and kicking my legs and she thought that looked like fun so she decided to give it a try. It was so cute to see her trying to keep her balance and pick up her legs. I am realizing she is watching my every move every day just trying to be like me and that scares me a little bit. Makes me think twice about my actions and my words. This little girl who is learning so much right now really needs me to be an example. I am learning from her as well, she is teaching me unconditional love and patience.

Penny is definitely a typical 2 year old in ways of attitude and frustration. She just doesn't know how to communicate what she wants and that frustrates her, especially when she doesn't get her way. But I am proud of her and I am proud of her ability to be a great big sister. Scotty loves her. He brightens up when she comes over to play with him and watches her and she walks back and forth across the room. He is also a little apprehensive of her at times. She does like to experiment with him. For example: what will happen if I push him over? or hit him with a toy? or steal his binki? (I think she does this cause I don't let her have one) I know she doesn't want to hurt him she is just curious. For the most part they get along.
Scotty is starting to babble more. It is fun to hear his little voice. He loves his jumperoo and can really get going in it. He has started to feed himself crackers and is working on smaller items. Those are hard for him but he loves to eat. He will open his mouth for anything, that is nerve wracking with a 2 year old. :)

On another bragging note I counted up Penny's signs that she knows and it is around 35! I was shocked. It is amazing how much that little girl comprehends and she is learning more every day.
I could keep going on and on but I want to go play with my beautiful children and smother them with kisses and hugs. This post took a different turn than I expected when I started writing but my kids are my world. I am proud of them and I like to brag. Plus everyone keeps saying they didn't know this or that and so I am trying to keep everyone informed. Enjoy the videos and I hope they make you smile as much as me.

No comments: