Monday, December 17, 2012

We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Christmas. It has been crazy busy around this house and we all need a good long break from doctors appointments, therapy sessions, and work. I do love this time of year but when we are this busy it is hard to enjoy the festivities. Last week we had 10+ obligations/appointments to fit into our week. It was insane but we survived and still have smiles to show.
We found out last week that Miss Penelope will need to get her tonsils removed. I knew this was coming but now that it is here and the date is fast approaching (Dec 31) I am letting the worry sneak through. I lay in bed at night going over all the ins and outs of surgery, post care, and hospital stays. I am not looking forward to this. I am thankful that my family is willing to come stay for a couple of days to help out with Scott while we get Penny on the road to recovery. So with that on my mind I am trying to focus on the family time we have together for Christmas and the nice little break we will get from reality.
 Scott is doing great. He had his 9 month appointment last week. He weighs 23.5 lbs (94% for his age). He is now wearing mostly 18 month size clothes some 12 months depending on brand. He can pull up to standing and is trying to climb the stairs. Which is really scary because he will just let go and fall backwards when he is ready to be done. I have to keep a close eye on that boy.
My kids keep me busy but they also keep my happy and that is the point of life and living. This Christmas I am trying to keep the real spirit and meaning of Christmas alive in our house.I try to play Christmas music as much as I can and we sing and dance along. The kids love it. In primary we are learning about Christ and his birth and the kids sing lots of beautiful Christmas songs, This renews my spirit each week and I am trying to bring that spirit with me into our home. I want our Children to feel joy, happiness, and love here.
 I hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas and remember to take time this year to just enjoy being Happy!!!
Love you all!!!!

No comments: