Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas Celebration and Surgery Recovery

We had a great Christmas!!! It was nice to go home and visit family and get a break from work and therapy, and all. We spent the first half of the week at Carpenters then headed over to Yearsley's. We were very blessed this year with the gifts we received and are very thankful for the thoughtfulness of our family.







I always love going home for the holidays. I love the food, the games, and mostly just the full house. The kids have so much fun playing together. Penny is starting to get more independent, however she still gets into alot of things so I have to constantly know what she is doing. Scotty is a crawling fool now and pulls up to standing everywhere. Him and the twins were all over the place. It was great fun.


When we got home we had to get ready for Penny's surgery. She had her tonsils out New Years Eve. I am so glad my parents and Dawn came to help out for a few days. It was great to have them stay home with Scotty. I didn't worry at all and it took alot of stress off.

Penny waiting at hospital before surgery.

 Penny did great. the surgery only took about 30 minutes. She drank a full glass of juice right when she woke up then a few hours later had a good lunch. I was amazed how tough she was. But she definitely needed to stay up on her meds to be comfortable.

 Scotty was so sweet at the hospital. he just sat next to her and held her hand. :)


James stayed the night with her in the hospital (she had to stay because of her age). I came over in the morning and brought her home. She was home by 10:30 and came in patted Scotty on the head and started playing.


It has been a struggle to keep her eating. She will eat breakfast but isn't interested in lunch and dinner. She is hit and miss with snacks. I even try to give her Popsicles and she turns them down. They say full recovery can take a couple weeks so hopefully by then she is back to eating her normal amount. She is drinking lots and really active so over all she is handling it all quite well. Today was the last day of most of her meds. I still give her Tylenol off and on depending on how she is acting.
I am so glad she is recovering well and I can't wait to have my happy little girl back completely.


 This is Penny's new game. She loves to pile all the toys around Scotty. 

Things are finally slowing down around here. I am glad for that. It got really crazy for a while. I think it wore the kiddos out. :) Still this week Penny is getting new braces and new glasses. So we definitely still have stuff to keep us busy.
Happy for a new year and new adventures. Can't wait to see what great things will come our way.

1 comment:

janet said...

I am glad everything went well with Pennys surgery. It sounds like you had a great Christmas I know your mom loves having everyone home.