This holiday brought with it another day in the hospital. Miss Penny had to have her second eye surgery on Feb 14th, Valentine's Day, to correct her strabismus. I hate having to put her through all these surgeries and I know she is beginning to recognize the hospital and she gets antsy when we walk in. She is sure a trooper though and always handles it well.
We had to get up extra early this time and she woke up with a smile of her face. She got to play dress up with the surgical hats while she waited. That is always the hardest part, the waiting. They have us arrive 2 hrs before and we have to sit in a very tiny room with not much to do. So we sing songs, play with her baby doll and she goes through all the drawers she can, she is very curious:)
The surgery itself went very smoothly. When they finally let me go back and be with her I could hear her crying all the way down the hall. That wasn't fun to walk in on. Apparently she had pulled out her IV when she was moving around and it obviously hurt. So that is why she was so upset. So when I walked in she was crying and there was blood splattered all over. Also not fun to walk in on. But I held her and cuddled her and they got her all taken care of, then she just slept in my arms. It took her a very long time to wake up. They said she had opened her eyes in the hospital but I didn't actually see her open them until that night around 5 ish. She was a very sleepy girl. But they let me take her home even while she was still sleeping so we didn't have to spend the day at the hospital. :)
So this is a really bad picture of me- but it was early in the morning so what can you expect.
Her eyes are really red ( but I can't seem to get a good picture to show you). They will most likely stay that way for a few weeks. After a couple days she was off the pain meds and back to playing and causing trouble.
They laid down like this to eat their crackers and I thought it was adorable.
My parents were able to come help out through all of this and for that I am grateful. It is nice to not worry about Scotty and to know they will take care of him while I am away. They are really great to drive all the way up here and hang out with us and the kids. Thanks guys for everything. It sure takes a burden off me having you around to cuddle and comfort the kids while Penny is out of sorts. You are guys are awesome!!!!
Scotty was loving playing with this computer so I had to share. Such a handsome boy!!










1 comment:
Glad her surgery went well. Mom and Dad are awesome help, so nice they could be there. Your kids are sweeties I can't wait for our kids to get a chanceto play again. We miss you guys. Love ya
Post a Comment