We walked for the 4th time in the Buddy Walk downtown Boise! Go team Penny's Posse!!! I love this event. I love seeing all the different families and support we have in our community for the individuals with Down Syndrome. it fills my heart with joy.
Our team had 15 members this year. We really appreciate the support and love we get from our families and friends. We look forward to this every year and we are glad you can join with us and celebrate Penny !!! Thank you, very much, for driving to Boise to be with us :)
Penny had made great progress this year. I have posted about much of it. She continues to improve every day. Now that she is in pre-school we are seeing even more improvement and it is fun to watch her learn and grow.
Tonight we met with her teacher from school to talk about her progress. Penny is doing very well and getting close to completing a few of her goals, even after only a few months in school. So we are excited. At the end of the meeting her teacher told us that she has worked with many down syndrome children, but that Penny was one of the most high functioning she had worked with. She commended us on doing a good job getting her the therapy and resources she needed and that we should be proud of her. It was good to hear that we are doing right by having her involved in so many activities.
I am proud of Penny. I am proud of her physical and mental strengths and her ability to love unconditionally. She is an awesome big sister and I know she will be the same with the new baby as well.









No comments:
Post a Comment