Penelope Lee Carpenter
July 14, 2010
7lbs 5 oz 20 1/2 in
Miss Penny is now 1 week old and is doing great. She did have to stay in the NICU for about 5 days. They were monitoring her oxygen and her blood sugar levels. It was very hard to see her all hooked up to the monitors and with IV and oxygen. Luckily the oxygen was only for a few hours but the IV was the entire time. They had to move the IV from her hand to her head. It was so sad to see that taped up there. She got poked multiple times in the feet since they were drawing her blood so often. But she was a champ. I have the best baby in the world, she never cries, just makes really funny faces. The only time I have seen her cry was when they removed the tape from her hair. She did not like that one bit. We finally were able to take her home yesterday and it has been wanderful to have her here where she belongs. I am so proud of her and how well she is doing. She loves to eat and sleep and has the most beautiful blue eyes. I must admit that me and James are completely taken and in love with her. We are definatley blessed to have her in our lives.
Dance, Dance and more Dance
7 years ago









7 comments:
Megan and James-
She is absolutely adorable!! I am so glad you were able to take her home not too long after she was born. I hope to meet her in person next week!
Constance
What a doll!! :) I can't believe all that long hair! No wonder she cried when the IV pulled her hair, that would be sad. I'm so glad that she is home now with you. Congratulations on a beautiful baby girl!! :)
She is such a pretty little baby! I am glad that she is doing so well and that she is finally home where she belongs! Congratulations!
Darling name by the way!
Congrats to the happy family! She is beautiful!
She is such a pretty little baby! I'm so glad she was able to come home so soon and that she is doing so well! Congratulations!
What a little sweetheart----you will be blessed everyday with her sweet spirit!! There is nothing like a new baby to cuddle!!
She is so cute you guys. congratulations I am glad all is going well for you and that you finally have her home. I can't wait to see her in person sometime.Candace
Post a Comment