Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Big hopes .... small outcomes

As I am sitting here rocking my sweet little girl as she sleeps ( she wakes up when I stop) I am looking around the house and mentally making a note of everything that needs to get done. Somehow before I had a daughter I thought being a homemaker would be easier, but it seems like I have good intentions but can't get anything done. Plus on top of all that I am still battling with my body image after having a child. I know it will take time to get back to a point where I am relatively happy with it but I just can't seem to get up the energy to do anything about it or about my house. I have good intentions. I made a cleaning schedule. It works but the next day I wake up to the never ending battle and I know it will only get worse with more kids. So I really need to get it figured out before that happens. This morning I woke up feeling great and wanted to get some exercise in before I cleaned and checked a few things off the list, well this is how that went.... I got Penny all happy in her swing and put in my dvd, well it freezes, I try again, still nothing. Ok no worries I will do a little wii fit (thinking at least I will get something in) the wii won't turn on, 20 min later I finally get it working. I do one exercise and Penny starts fussing wanting to be held. Fine, I give up. I go to put up the balance board and knock over my nativity scene breaking two pieces. Whatever, why do I even try. Anyway I love being a mom and I love being able to stay at home, but I am a little frustrated and I want so badly to be that mother and wife who always has a nice home and looks "put together".I will continue to try to complete my check list and win this battle, but in the mean time if anyone has any tips on how to keep up with the house or helping my body bounce back from having a baby I would greatly appreciate it. Here's to tomorrow....

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Hang in there Morgan!!! It will all come with time. You are still adjusting to being a wife, mommy, homemaker, you, etc. It's a much bigger job than people make it out to be, and you will figure it out...all in good time! Just keep praying for the help you need! Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you...from a distance!
~Lisa

Yearsley couple said...

Hey chica, well I can't help you in the baby department, cus I haven't reach that yet, but with the wife and house thing I got that somewhat figured out. I know that is may sound childish, but I do a list and then I do as much as possible, but with the rest I have a race with doug to see who can get the most done the fastest at night. Then who ever wins gets a treat or a foot massage! It also gets you moving way quick due to wanting to beat the pants off your hubby in the race! Just a fun idea. Hey by the way I need your address. Could you email it to me at snowgrl_85@yahoo.com thanks a bunch Kat

janet said...

morgan if the truth be knows there is no perfect mother,wife who always keeps here house clean and fits right back into here high school clothes we all have good days and bad days and we just need to take them all in stride. toys and finger prints will not always be there so while it sounds crazy enjoy the time your daughter wants you to hold her the house will always be there and the jeans you wish you could get into. but little girls grow way to fast

Katie said...

I agree with Janet. There's no such thing as a perfect mother but still, we all compare ourselves to her. Theres a time and a season for everything, so don't worry about getting back to pre-baby weight. You are beautiful exactly how you are. You'll have time to get there someday. (At least, that's what I'm telling myself three kids later.) :)

The best advice I found in the scripture, "by small and simple things are great things brought to pass." Consider it in motherhood.

If all you have time for is cleaning off the table instead of all the dishes, then just clean off the table. Same with working out. I tried it, and it helps a lot.

I admire you more than you know.
love, katie

Matt and Janae said...

The funny thing is that most people only look put together when they know there is someone to impress. The house is cleaned in a mad dash before someone comes over, or best clothes are worn to church. If you could really see behind the closed doors, what you described is the norm. I know I am not a mom but I know a few, and heaven knows I dont fit in my high school clothes, but you need to find a new level of satisfaction with yourself. you will drive yourself nuts trying to get back to some thing that is likely never to be again. you have a great baby who loves you more that any one ever has and who you love the same. give her all the time she needs, the rest will get worked our in due time.

Matt