Friday, December 3, 2010

Fun Filled Thanksgiving Holiday!

 This holiday weekend we headed to eastern Idaho for some good food and time with the family. It was crazy weather the night before we left. There was a really big blizzard that hit  and we weren't sure we would be able to make it on the roads. Fortunately luck was with us, we took the back roads home and made it safe and sound. Some friends we know had family come to Boise from over there and they traveled the highway, it took them over 10 hours- poor choice of roads, glad we were lucky.
 It was a nice trip, lots of traveling from house to house. It's hard with both families living so close. We were able to see all the grandmas and grandpas and give them all plenty of time with Penny. I think that is what they mostly care about anyway :)
 We attempted another group photo of the grandkids, I think this one turned out pretty good. They are sure all cuties and definitely look related. They are very crazy and have lots of energy. It is hard to keep up with them all the time. Thankfully they have wii games and snow, that kept them entertained for a long while.
My dad bought a ping pong table and we had a couple of tournaments this weekend. That was fun. James won the singles tournament and Steve and Jana won the couples. I am not any good but I had fun anyway, I guess I just need to practice more.
Friday morning all the ladies got up at 2:30 am and headed to town for a big shopping morning. It was madness but fun madness at that. We got mostly what we wanted. We were alittle late to some stores for some things but we tried and it was good times. After all the hard shopping we dragged ourselves into Perkins for a good breakfast and then headed home. We were all exhausted!!! This was also the first time I had left Penny with anyone for over an hour. Of course it was just James and he knew what to do, but I sure missed her a lot while I was gone. She slept most of the time but I am sure she missed me too.
Hope all of you had a wonderful holiday weekend and take care!!!

No comments: