Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Lots of good things ....

Well I have kinda hit a blogger's block. I feel like we have been doing a lot but don't know what to write. So I figured I would post something just to get the pressure off.
Our little Miss Penelope is doing awesome. She is now in a crib and sleeping in her own room. It was really hard for me to leave her in there all alone. But she is doing great. Still sleeping through the night and waking up happy :) She is also learning how to move. She can now roll from tummy to back and vice versa. I am so impressed at how fast she is learning. I really need to be careful now what I leave lying around the house, because I am sure she will find it if she can reach it. We are going to start solids soon so I am sure there will be post about those adventures to follow soon. I am so excited to see how she handles it.
Christmas and New Years were good. We had a lot of family time and time away from work which was really needed for James. It is nice for him to unwind, however I am sure he was still thinking about everything he still had to do.
James' sister Jackie had a beautiful little boy born on Christmas day. It was a nice present. Mom and baby are both doing great and the whole family is happy. I am glad things worked out well for them, I know this pregnancy wasn't easy. But they made it and it was a great day to be born on :)
I got to talk to my sister Dawn on Christmas day. It was really nice to hear her voice and just get that peace of mind. She sounds great and is loving it in California. Right now her return date is set for the middle of  May so we are all very excited and can hardly wait.
Well I did make a few new year's goals. They are slow getting started but I am excited to see how things work out. It was been a successful week in that department and that gives me hope. I hope all of you are taking time to achieve your goals as well.
Well here is a little video of Penny to show her new talent. (Well half of it, I haven't taped her rolling from her back yet-but she is good at it.) I tried to get her to smile for the camera but she gets distracted by the red light. Enjoy!!!
Sorry about the video link before, I think I got it fixed now- hopefully it works!




3 comments:

Matt and Janae said...

It sounds like things are going great! I couldn't access the video....says it is private.

hmmm said...

She is so darling! And I loooooove her name, one of my faves—SO cute! Happy to see that you guys are doing so well and that you got to talk to Dawn on the mish! It's crazy that we live just under 20 minutes from her! (I know because I went to her apartment the other night!!!! :)

Anyway! Happy you're doing so great and I love her adorable quilt too! So cute.

Stacey said...

Yay Penny! Way to go! She looks so wonderful. I'm so glad for you all.