Penelope ate her first bowl of rice cereal on Sunday. It was so much fun. I held her on my lap and James fed her. She did great. She finished the entire bowl the first time. She made a mess of it but it sure was cute! We are starting out slow but it has been a good week so far. She usually has to eat half a bottle before we start on the spoon feeding or she gets impatient, but she sure is getting the hang of it.
We are also trying to work on naps. She doesn't like to take them in her crib so it is an on going battle. I have to fight with her almost every time. She has never been one to cry herself to sleep so if I let her cry it just gets louder and harder. Stubborn child. But we will get there eventually. At least she is still sleeping well at night. :)
We started doing sign language with her. We just do it for the main words that will help her be able to communicate with us before she has developed her verbal language. So we are learning.... milk, mommy, daddy, bed, and I Love you, for now. Every time we say those words we do the sign along with them. She watches us pretty good so hopefully it will catch on. I think it takes a while but starting early will help all the more. She is fast learner and is a very happy baby. We sure do love her and all she teaches us.
Dance, Dance and more Dance
7 years ago





1 comment:
Morgan- She is soooo cute. I miss you guys alot. Good eating must be a yearsley thing because my kids really liked it too. Love ya
Post a Comment