I am a proud mother of a daughter with down syndrome and on Saturday I was able to prove that to all of Boise. It was the 2011 Buddy Walk!!! I have been looking forward to this for quite some time. It is a chance to celebrate with family and friends the joy of having Penny in our lives and to help others around us become more aware and educated about down syndrome.
Both my parents and James' parents were able to come and walk with us along with our good friends, Jill and Chris. It was a fun filled morning. We walked the mile down Capitol Blvd with 1500 others. When we reached the park at the end of the walk there was a big celebration. We ate pizza, watched performances and listened to a few short speeches. At the very end there was a dance party for all the children. They all got up on stage and just let loose. It was my favorite part. Watching all the kids dance and have fun. I can't wait until Penny is able to join them up on stage. I am glad we were able to celebrate and walk with our buddy Penny!
I didn't get very many pictures, I was too busy enjoying the moment. But both grandmas agreed to send me what they took. So if I get some better pics I will post them (that is if I remember) On a side note, check out these super cute Halloween cookies I made today. I love these cookie cutters, I think they are adorable.
Dance, Dance and more Dance
7 years ago





2 comments:
Oh next year I want to do the buddy walk. It sounds like fun. Also love the cookies. Are those ginger snaps? Super cute
what a great experience penny is getting so big and your cookies are so cute
Post a Comment