Well October went entirely too fast for me. I love this time of year with all the bright colors, pumpkins, hot drinks, and good treats. Unfortunately I didn't get to enjoy them as much as I wanted. It seems like all the trees changed colors and then dropped their leaves. This year Halloween was just like that, a whirlwind and then gone.
I was so excited to take Penny trick or treating but nothing ever goes how we have it planned in our head. This year Penny dressed up as Tinkerbell. She was very very cute. But she was also very grouchy and moody. I guess it was just too much for her. She was crying before we even left the house. By the time we met up with friends it was dark and cold. So we went to 4 houses and called it good. I would have loved to do more but the two little girls were done and so we went home. I am sad that it was so short but we can only improve next year, plus she doesn't even remember it anyway. I managed to take a few pics before bedtime but that was it. Oh well at least we spent the holiday together as a family, even if it didn't go as planned. Penny was in a pretty good mood by the time we got home. So we did get some smiles and laughs out of her.
I also tried to take pics of Penny at the pumpkin patch. But that was a disaster. It was so late in the season the patch looked like a pile of weeds with very small pumpkins left. So I tried to stage a cute area around the straw bales, but then penny just wanted to play and wouldn't look at the camera at all. I took like 25 pictures and then she was done so we left. I later looked at the pictures and not even one turned out. Bummer!! I really wanted to get some harvest pics. Maybe next year....
I am now looking forward to Thanksgiving. I am so excited to eat all the yummy food. I am salivating just thinking of it. Plus this year Penny can eat some too, that should be fun! So now we are onto the next adventure.. I hope November and December slow down a little bit so I can actually enjoy these holidays. Hopefully James will have some time off as well. He has been working hard lately and we only get to see him 1-2 hours before it is off to bed. So the holidays will be good for family time and fun! Until next time, take care!!!





2 comments:
She looks so darling in her costume. You should enjoy just going to a few houses while you can, because when they get older you have to beg them to go home, even when it is freezing outside. I'm glad you had a fun Halloween and we will see you in a few weeks, yeah!
cute pictures she is such a fun little girl
Post a Comment