Saturday, November 5, 2011

One Year Ago.....

My heart is full. I have so much happiness stored up inside it is ready to burst out. I have been thinking a lot lately about the past year. It has officially been one year since we drove home from Washington with our sweet little penny. It was Oct 27th that she went in for surgery and Nov 1st when she was released from the hospital. Penny has completely recovered. Her scar is fading more every day and we can't get her to stop eating. Where as last Oct she would hardly eat 2 oz milk. It is so much easier now. I know that I would not appreciate this all as much without the trials we had to face. So in that way I am thankful for all that happened, however it is not something I would wish for again. I am happy and thankful and blessed that all is going well now. Penelope is so special and loving. My life would be nothing without her and I am glad to have her surgery in the past and her so well recovered.

2 comments:

Krystal said...

What a sweet post. I like the quote about sometimes trials are blessings in disguise. I think that's so true. I'm glad Penny is doing so well and recovered so completely. She is such a cutie!

Lacey Sorensen said...

I was thinking about that too, around Halloween because we crashed that ward's trunk or treat. I can't believe the change in Penny, and I am so glad she is healthy and doing so well. Love you guys.