Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Long awaited girls night....

Since Penny has been in our family I find it hard to take time for myself. I truly just love being around her and taking care of her so it is hard for me to plan a night out. However this last weekend I made an exception. It helped having grandma and grandpa in town so they could babysit (since James was working late) and I didn't feel bad about leaving her with them at all. I knew she was in good hands, but it sure was hard to walk out that door. But it was for a good cause...I was able to attend a Twilight Breaking Dawn party and it was awesome. The friend who threw the party (works with James-so I was sorta obligated to go) is a crazy fan and went all out. She threw a wedding reception for Bella and Edward. It was intricately planned. I got the exact announcement from the movie in the mail. There was good food and dessert. She decorated her entire living room with twinkle lights, white roses, candles, chiffon was draped from the ceiling, and the tables were set with nice china and even party favors for the guests. It was insane, but beautiful. Of course it wouldn't be a reception without the bride and groom. So there were Bella and Edward cardboard cutouts dressed in real clothing. A wedding dress and tux. Then Jacob was stashed in the corner sulking. It was a crazy night. We ended the night at the movies of course watching "Breaking Dawn". I loved it! The movie was great. I know it is silly to get all excited about a movie but it was my one night out and I am glad I was able to just hang with a bunch of girls and talk nonsense. It was a good break from day to day life. I did miss spending the evening with my family though, so it might be a while before I do it again. Plus being out late, and being pregnant really took it's toll on me. I am still not completely recovered. I have been very tired for the past few days. With the upcoming holiday maybe I will get a chance to relax and rest while family plays with and entertains Miss Penelope!
I tried to take a few photos of the party (but I forgot my camera so I had to settle for my phone) therefore the quality isn't great but hopefully you will get an idea of how everything looked...



No comments: