Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas is coming.....

I love the Christmas season. There is great music to listen to, delicious foods to eat, and parties to attend. We got a good jump start on our shopping this year so I really do have time to sit back and enjoy it all. I decorated our house right after we returned from Thanksgiving celebrations and have been singing Christmas tunes ever since. The other night I made cinnamon rolls and tonight I am making fudge. I can already taste it melting in my mouth. This weekend we have two parties to attend. It will be fun to celebrate with all our friends. Penny will also get to meet Santa on Friday. I am so excited to get pictures and see how she reacts. James' work is doing a sensory safe Santa. Basically it will be a more intimate setting than the mall. With dimmer lights and less people around. So that is where we will be taking Miss Penelope to meet Santa.
 Yes that is my phone she is playing with. One of her favorite toys. She does know how to unlock it and she has made a few calls before I caught her!
Next week Penny will be starting speech therapy and soon after that she will be enrolled in a tumble time playgroup (gymnastics for those learning to walk and master other skills). I am excited to get going with both of those services. Already Penny is amazing me with how much she is learning. She can now pull to standing and walk along the furniture. Plus she can climb the stairs. She is getting mobile fast and I am not sure I am completely prepared. But I am excited and love to see her learning and growing every day. She loves the Christmas tree. I can't seem to keep her away from it. It will be a miracle if we make it through the holiday without her pulling it over. :)
Penny pulled open the drawer and decided to take everything out. She was having so much fun I just took a picture and let her play. :)
Hope everyone else is enjoying this time of year as much as I am. I think I will now go cuddle up and watch a good Christmas movie until Penny wakes up from her nap!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I have the cutest niece ever!! Love Penny sooooo much. Sounds like you are making lots of goodies. I want some!!!