Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Twinkly Lights Aglow

 Last night we took a walk through a garden full of lights. They had many different designs and were really quite creative with how they were displayed. They had waterfalls, flowery trees, actual flowers (like tulips and roses) made out of lights. My favorite part was getting to the top of the hill and looking back out at all the lights we had passed. It was really pretty to see all the colors mixed together and sparkling in the night. There were carolers singing Christmas tunes and yummy treats (although we didn't want to stand in line to get any) but they were available.
I will say this however. It was very crowded. I think I much prefer driving around in a heated vehicle looking for the next big house of lights. It is more exciting and more intimate. So I will probably opt for that next year. Especially since it was so cold out and I felt bad for Penny. But she was a champ and handled it pretty good. It did help kick off this last week of Christmas and get me more in the holiday spirit of things. My shopping is finished, I only have a few more presents to wrap. So this week I get to stay at home, drink hot cocoa and watch lots of Christmas specials with my family. I can't wait for this weekend and all the fun it will bring. I think Penelope will have a lot of fun tearing into all the paper. It should be fun to just watch her. That will be the best Christmas gift. To see her big smile and know that she is a happy little girl. :)

No comments: