Christmas was great this year. James actually had the entire week off! It was nice to finally get to see my husband. The end of the week he did take time however to go into work a few hours a day but I still got to spend lots of time with him and he got caught up a little with paperwork so it was alright. We did travel home to see family for Christmas. There was no snow so the roads were great and that made our trip very easy and smooth. I am glad for that. Penny even handled it pretty good. We just stopped half way and let her get out for a few minutes. It seemed to work well.
All my siblings were able to get together this year. We stayed up way too late every night talking and playing games. Of course we ate, alot. That is what us Yearselys do. :) On Christmas eve we had a really nice dinner and then sat down as a family to read the Christmas story. We decided to do a live nativity this year. It mostly fell apart because not all the kids wanted to participate when all was said and done. But we managed and were able to hear the story anyway. Penny was the angel and I think she looked adorable. Then we sang songs and sent to kids to bed so Santa could come visit.
Christmas morning the kiddos got us up at 6 am! I was exhausted but it was fun to see the chaos and happiness that followed. I let Penny sleep until her normal wake up time and she opened her gifts after breakfast. That worked out well because she didn't really care about opening presents anyway. So it was nice to have a happy well rested baby.
We were very blessed this Christmas. We got more than we asked for and are very thankful for all the generosity.
The New Year came without any hoopla. Me and James stayed home so Penny could go to bed at her usual time. Our evening was the same as always but at midnight we cracked the sparkling cider and stole a kiss. It was nice and quiet.
Now that all the holidays are over it is time to face life again. Things are back in full force. James had a very busy week with clients. I am starting to feel very pregnant and getting anxious for the arrival of our little one. Penny has started speech therapy and tumble time. Plus with her normal physical therapy that makes one busy week for her. But she handles it really well and I think that we are going to start seeing her develop lots of new skills. Plus I am trying to teach her to feed herself with a spoon. It is a slow process but fun to watch. She mostly makes a mess and plays in it but every now and then the spoon will make it to her mouth. I know with patience she will catch on.
So with only about 9 more weeks until new baby arrives we have plenty to do to keep us busy and entertained. I am still trying to figure out in my head how I will still do all this and take care of a newborn. I guess when it comes down to it, I will have no other choice but to just make it work and it will. So here is to a very busy 2012 but a very happy one too!!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment