Sunday, January 15, 2012

Nursery

Today was bitter sweet. Yesterday Penny turned 18 months old and I contemplated all day about nursery. When I woke up this morning it just felt right, so me and James hesitantly walked her in. We talked with the teachers and they all seemed to think she would be just fine. I was worried mostly because she isn't up to the same level as most 18 mo old children. However she easily went into the arms of the sister and I stood back and watched for a while to just be sure she was alright. She didn't really even miss me. She started playing right away and never looked back. It was hard for me to walk out that door and leave her, especially since I don't really ever leave her with babysitters. But when I came back at the end of church she was still smiling and they said she did great. She only cried when the other kids cried (and she usually does that anyway). I am so proud of her and I know that it will be good for her to be around the other kids and learn from them. It is harder for me than it is for her. :)
I know she will be happier and have more fun in nursery than staying with me. It was getting really hard for her to sit still and be quiet during all the classes. So I know we made the right decision, it was just difficult to follow through. But I also know that Penny needs to be in nursery right now so I will be a strong mom and let her go.

2 comments:

Lacey Sorensen said...

So proud of you Morgan, it is way harder on the moms than on the kids. I am glad Penny had a good time. Love you guys

Matt and Janae said...

Such an exciting step for both of you. That is wonderful that she enjoyed it as well. Yay!