On March 10, 2012 Scott Wade decided to make his debut at 8:52 am. He weighed 8.7 lbs and was 20 inches long. He is handsome and perfect in every way! We are so in love already and can't remember life before he was part of our family.
Labor and delivery went well. It was long, yes, but worth it in the end. I was scheduled for an induction on Sunday March 11th. Hoping I would go into labor before then, but glad to have the date set in case I didn't. Luckily Scotty was ready to come before then. I woke up at 3:00 am Friday morning to painful contractions about 10 min apart. They continued all day not really getting any closer together, but slowly getting more intense. I went on a walk, sat on my yoga ball, tried anything to keep things moving along. Finally about 7:00 pm they switched to about 4-6 min. They stayed there for hours, but were very strong. I tried to sit and watch tv, paced around the house alot and finally at midnight decided I just couldn't take it any longer. So off to the hospital we headed. After a very long night team green was revealed and we got to announce to the room it was a baby boy!
I am glad everything went so smoothly. We only stayed one night at the hospital. I was feeling great. Scotty was doing awesome and honestly I just hate the hospital so we asked to be discharged on Sunday and we were home by 2:00.
Penny wasn't too sure about him at first. She would completely ignore him and wouldn't even look at him if we took her near him. Slowly over the next few days she warmed up. She is still very sensitive to his crying and will start crying right along with him. I feel so bad every time, hopefully soon she will get used to it.
I am glad my mom was able to stay and help out, I honestly don't know how I'm going to manage two children who can't walk and both in diapers by myself. I am just counting on things just working out somehow without having any answers. We shall see.
We are very blessed to have these two beautiful children in our lives and couldn't be happier!





6 comments:
Yea!!! I've been waiting to hear all about your new little one!!! He is a handsome little guy! Love the name! And glad to hear things went so well! So exciting Penny is a big sister! Congrats to you and James! Miss you! :)
Congratulations! I am glad that all went well. He is adorable!
Congratulations! He is such a handsome little guy! Such a great picture of brother and sister at the end!
he is so cute what a fun addition to your family
Congratulations!! That is exciting Penny has a brother. Now you have two cuties!! How fun!
I'm so happy for you guys! Penny is so sweet in her pink glasses and new little scott looks adorable too! Great job!
Post a Comment