Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A reason to celebrate!


It's that time of year again, March 21st, World Down Syndrome Day! I wish I could have thrown a big party and invited all of you to attend. Instead I settled for a smaller celebration in my heart. As I went through my day today I made a purpose of catching all the small details and etching them into my memory. I watched my daughter laugh tonight and saw how her eyes lit up when daddy came home. I watched in wonder as she played and explored. She has learned so much and is doing so well. My heart swells and tears come to my eyes as I realize how much potential she has for her life. I know it is the end of the day but I encourage all of you to take time to celebrate life and those around you. If you have time do a little research about Down Syndrome, there are some very special videos that can be found and so much information out there. I know that my life has only been improved since Penelope became a part of it. I know she was sent here to make me a better person. I am so lucky to  have her as a reminder of what life is all about. Happy Celebration!!!!

5 comments:

Curtis and Steph said...

What a blessing she is in everyone's life that she knows! She is beautiful! And she is lucky to have such a wonderful and loving mom and dad!

Dawn said...

Sooo I totally thought it was march 23. Sad I missed it. Love the last picture. She is amazing!

Lacey Sorensen said...

We are so glad to be a part of Penny's life. We love you so much!

Wade & Darla said...

Penny is such a sweety. The pictures are precious. All of us are so blessed to share in her life.

Krystal said...

What cute pictures. She is so sweet. I wish we knew her even better! :)