Friday, April 13, 2012

Eggs, Bunnies, and Ducks

Easter is such a colorful holiday. I really love how it welcomes spring with the flowers and the rains. This year we took Penny to her first Easter egg hunt! We went to the local park where the treasure valley down syndrome association was sponsoring the egg hunt. I chose this one mainly because they divided it up by crawlers, walkers, and runners instead of age. Penny loved it. There were only three kiddos in the crawling stage so she had her pick of any egg she wanted. At first she was grabbing each egg she got to then she got distracted by the ribbon along the edge. But she did well and gathered about 10 eggs all on her own. I was very proud of her.
They also had bunnies, chickens, and ducks there for the kids to pet and play with. Penny was a little apprehensive at first but she eventually reached out to pet the animals. I just love watching her as she explores and learns about everything around her.
This was also my first week back to church. It was a great day to go since all the talks were Easter related. It really helped me feel the spirit to learn more about our Savior. 
Scotty is doing well. He still sleeps alot and loves to eat. He is gaining weight very quickly. He is already up to 11 lbs. I am shocked. Such a big difference from when Penny was his age. I am slowly adjusting to life as a mother of two. My house is a little worse for wear but the kids are happy and there is food on the table. The house will get clean another day. For now my focus is making everyone happy. Which some days is easier than others. Luckily my sister Dawn has come up to visit this week, so maybe with her help I can get things into a little better order.
I hope all of you had a great Easter Holiday!!!!!

No comments: