Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Family Time

We have been very blessed lately to get to spend time with our family. In April we met up in Grangeville for our annual fishing adventure. This year we decided to be brave and camp it out. The only reason I agreed to this was the fact that my sister, Lacey, was bringing her camper. James and Tony opted to sleep in the tent with the tent heater since they thought they would get more sleep without all the babies around. They were right :) In the trailer were Me, Lacey, Tylin, Tanner, Scotty, Kinley, and Karter. With three newborns it was crazy but lots of fun. We sent Penny with Grandma, Grandpa, and Dawn to sleep at the hotel. She did much better there and was able to get a full nights sleep. It was the first time we got to meet the twins and they are cuties. :)
Aside from all the camping, food, games, and fun the boys were all able to get lots of fishing time in. They did awesome. Caught lots and lots of fish, so many I don't even have a count. But they were huge and well worth the drive.
Then Last Sunday, May 6th 2012 James was able to bless Scotty Wade. My entire family drove to Boise to support us. I was thrilled to have everyone there. It was a great weekend. The boys golfed, the girls played with the kiddos and of course we ate. We went to the park on Sunday to have lunch and let the kids run around before everyone drove home. It was a great weekend. I love my family so much and I was very happy to have everyone here. Thanks for all your love and support!!!!
Onto an update of my family..... Scotty is growing lots and lots. I don't have an official weight but we will in a couple of weeks. But he is stout and I can tell he is going to be a healthy boy :) He is a great eater and is doing pretty good at night. Most nights I only have to wake up once with him around 4 am and then we are good until 7 or 8. He is being really nice to me
Penny is doing awesome. We have an eye surgery scheduled for the 24th to correct her crossing. I am nervous but I know she will do great and be in good hands. I just hate having to put her through this. She has already been through a lot. She is working hard on all her therapies. She does Physical therapy twice a week, speech once, and just started occupational therapy last week and it will be once a week as well. She knows lots of signs, I got a few on video to show you. She can also say Hi and in Speech on Monday she said Kitty a couple of times. But I haven't been able to get her to say it again, so we will keep working with her. Then today she stood up behind her push toy and took about ten steps. I was stunned. But of course she won't do it again for me to get on tape. Silly Silly girl. I am very hopefull that this is the beginning of her walking career!!!!!
James is staying very very busy of course. Still loves his job but is also finding some time to fish and golf as well. I hope he is able to cut his work schedule down for the summer so he can get some time to himself. He deserves it.


As for me, nothing has changed. I love being a mom to two. It is hard at times but the reward of a smile and a hug is well worth all the time and effort!!! I love my family very much, they are my world. :)

2 comments:

Matt and Janae said...

Scotty is such a handsome little guy! I loved the video of Penny doing signs and dancing....she is such a cute girl! Wishing her best of luck with her upcoming surgery.

Lacey Sorensen said...

Congrats Penny on your 10 steps. She will be running before you know it. I love the pictures of Scotty he looks great. I miss you guys already. Thanks for a great weekend it was a lot of fun. Love ya