Sunday, June 10, 2012

Kiddo Update


I am so happy that summer is officially here. The weather is gorgeous and we have pulled out the shorts and skirts. Plus James is now taking Friday's off so we are going to actually be able to spend time with him. I am stoked! Our fun starts tomorrow at the Emmett Cherry Festival, but I will write about that later.

Penny in her gown, right before surgery.

Penny has successfully recovered from both her surgeries.Her eye surgery was a very long day and it wiped her out. It took her a couple of days to get back to herself, but she is a champ and handled it well. My parents came up for a few days to help out with the kiddos and I am glad they were here. It was nice to have them around, since Penny was a little more needy. I also needed the moral support. It is hard to send her into the operating room. I hate watching them walk away with her. Her ear tube surgery went very smoothly. It was a fast procedure. She was back to normal before bedtime. Plus now she can hear so much better. She is trying to mimic lots more sounds and her signing is starting to take off. It is really fun to see her learning so much everyday.


She loves to walk now. Still needs the help of  her toy but she is doing great. She will walk a little while holding my hand and everyday she gets more brave. Today she was standing by the chair holding her cup and just turned around and took two steps. She fell but I was so excited to see her try. I am hopeful that soon she will just take off. She is doing amazing!


Scotty is still my little cuddle bug. I could just sit and hold him all day long. He is starting to get more active. I can tell he wants to roll over just can't quite figure it out. He has started to sleep through the night and that has been awesome. We shall see if he keeps it up. He is now 3 months old, but at his 2 month check up he weighed 15.6 lbs. He was in the 95% for his age group. He is a healthy boy!

No comments: