Daddy and Scotty time!
We love the Dad of our house! Penny and Scotty are so very lucky to have James as their father. He is very sweet with both of them and even after a long day at work he will sit on the floor and play with Penny and then cuddle Scotty while I clean up dinner. He is so fun to watch with both of them and I appreciate all his help. This Father's day was very layed back, we just took it easy and made James his favorite dinner. I hope he knows how much he is loved and appreciated!!!!
James picking cherries
This weekend was packed with fun. We started out with some cherry picking. We headed up to Emmett to go to the Cherry Festival and decided to visit a local orchard first to pick some Cherries. Even though my brother-in-law's family owns a cherry orchard I have never walked through it. I was in awe at how pretty it was to see all the fruit on the trees. I just loved it!.
Scotty just hanging out in the stroller
We stayed for little over an hour and got 19 lbs of Cherries!!! It was alot of fun wandering through the trees and Penny even enjoyed crawling around. She loved being outside. So we have been giving cherries away to all our friends and we still have a ton, but they sure do taste good so I am sure they won't go to waste! After the orchard we had plans to go onto the festival but Penny fell asleep in the car and we couldn't find the park anyway so we just grabbed a burger and drove home. It was still a really fun day. I think we should make this a family tradition.
Me picking cherries
Penny loved to eat the cherries, she had juice running down her chin and kept asking for more.
On Saturday we had big plans as well that kinda got messed up too. Our good friends own a boat and invited us to go fishing and then wake boarding. So the men got up early and got out the lake to do some fishing, the plan was to have the ladies and kiddos follow with lunch and then play some more on the water. The guys left and all was well, I packed up the car and then we got a phone call saying the boat had broken down and that we shouldn't come up. Bummer! So after a long debate the boys stayed up and fished from the shore and me and the two kids headed over the Jill's to have lunch and hang out. It actually ended up being a nice relaxing day. Plus our air conditioner is broken so it was nice to sit in her house for the afternoon. The boys made it back for dinner and the day at least ended with us all hanging out anyway. So plans get changed but in the end we make the best of all situations. I actually think this weekend turned out better this way. It was way to hot outside to have the kids out all day anyway.
Happy Father's Day to all you dads and grandpa's. We love you all very much!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment