Me, Penny, and Scotty had the chance to go home and visit family. It was a long drive alone with the two kiddos but we survived and it was well worth it. It was great to see everyone and just have a nice relaxing weekend without appointments and obligations. But that isn't to say that my family didn't keep us scheduled. We had lots to do and kept very busy. Mostly playing and reunions and such. I think they had something planned everyday and almost every minute :)
Luckily with all the scheduling they scheduled in some me time and sister time. My parents graciously watched the kids while I got to enjoy a spectacular 1 hour message. It was a great way to start the vacation. Then later on that week they watched all the kids so me, Lacey, Dawn, and Tylin could go to a dance extravaganza at BYU-I. It was great fun to get out of the house and the dances were awesome too.Afterward we got some delicious snow cones. I have been craving them since I left. :)
Scotty and Grandpa sneaking in a well deserved nap!
We took all the kids to the zoo. Penny couldn't really see all the animals so she didn't really care but the older children sure had fun. Then we had a picnic and let the kids play on the rides and Tautphus park.
Me and Scotty at the Zoo
At home my parents had all sorts of new toys for the everyone to play with. Penny definitely got spoiled in having so much to do. She had a little swimming pool all to herself and she loved it. She would climb in and out and didn't even care if the water was cold or not. She was fun to watch.
Fun in the Sun
She also got to ride around in a little red wagon and to go on four wheeler rides. Of course there was lots of piano playing!
Surprising her favorite thing to do was to throw my mom's tupperware all over the kitchen. She would sit in there for like 20 minutes and take every piece out and then put it all back in. She did this over and over. She is a silly little girl.
It was great to see Lacey and her family. Her twins are sure getting big. It is fun to see all three babies together and how they interact with each other. They keep each other happy. I can see how having twins would be nice in that way but it sure looked like a lot of work. My sister is a supermom for handling it all so well.
This is the best picture I had of all three babies. Aren't they just sooo cute!
We also went to a Yearsley family reunion in Rexburg and got to catch up with all the cousins and family. I unfortunately didn't get any pictures but we had a good time chatting. And of course since we were in Rexburg we had to stop for another mouth watering snow cone!!!
I also took the kids to Terreton to a Carpenter family bbq so they could see grandma and grandpa and great grandma and great grandpa. (again no pictures) It was nice to see everyone again.
He loves this little teddy bear blanky!
We are glad to be back in Boise with Daddy. We sure missed him! Our summer is packed full of fun, hopefully I have time to share all that fun with you. Happy Happy Summer!!!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment