Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Winter has arrived!!!

The holidays are almost over and I don't really feel like they ever really began. My house is half decorated. I put up the tree, but decided to not put ornaments on it, since the kids tipped it over within 1 hour of it being up. Less of a headache if it just has pretty twinkly lights. They like it and get excited whenever it is plugged in, so I guess that works.
We also received exciting news that our house is going to be finished this month!! So there is a possibility I will be doing a lot of packing, which is another reason I didn't put all my decorations out. (on a side note, we aren't sure when we are moving because we have to get someone to rent our current house first). So it has been a little stressful around here with all that going on.

 
Winter has officially arrived in Boise. We have snow and it actually stuck around this time!!! Usually it snows and then melts but it has been so cold there is no sign of it disappearing. The kids aren't really liking the cold weather. We have to walk to the bus since we live at a dead end street. The walk there isn't the bad part, it is the waiting. Since the bus is usually late we sometimes have to wait 15 minutes and the kids think they are freezing. I bundle them up with hats, gloves, blankets, coats, but they are usually both crying before the bus arrives. Makes me sad, I might just have to give up and drive her myself, but she really does get excited once the bus gets there. Hopefully our Boise weather will just get back to normal.

Waiting for bus..brrrr
 
In the meantime we will continue to blast the Christmas music through the house and sing and dance in our half decorated living room.  
On other updates. Penny had to have new ear tubes put in again. Fun times. She is such a trooper through it all. Then last week she got sick with croup. We have never had croup in our house and it was scary. The first night was terrible, she couldn't breath and I didn't know how to help her. So I slept in her room that night to keep an eye on her. The next day I took her to the doctor and they ended up doing a breathing treatment and giving her 3 rounds of steroids to help her. They were very concerned about her breathing. I am so glad that is over and hope we don't have to deal with that again.

Right before surgery
 
Scotty managed to skip it so that is good. However over Thanksgiving he got a really bad fever for about 2-3 days. No other symptoms, It was weird. But both kids are healthy and happy now.
Enjoy the last 2 weeks before Christmas!

 

No comments: