Friday, November 14, 2014

Candy Filled Halloween !

The Hundred Acre Wood Friends
 
We had a very busy Halloween Week. We started at the ward Trunk or Treat on Wednesday. We were a little late but the kids were still able to go to a few cars and get some treats. Our ward did a good job decorating their trunks and with costumes. I don't have pictures but in the past most people just sit by their cars with no decorations. It really felt festive and Halloweeny this time. It was fun.
 
 
 Penny loved being Piglet and she even got to wear her costume to Therapy on Thursday. They said she went around all day snorting like a pig. She is such a goof!
 
 
 Scotty was very excited to be Winnie the Pooh. We chose this theme this year because he absolutely loves all the Winnie the pooh movies. He loves to sing along with all the songs!
 
 
Our little Tigger! I couldn't get him to smile for the pictures but he is still a cutie :)
 
 
 Waiting for dad to get home is so hard- there were a few tears but we made it and they were excited when we finally got in the car to go!
 
 
Penny's therapy group had an open house on Thursday night. The kids got to crawl through tunnels, go trick or treating to the different rooms, play with sensory oooey gooey stuff. They thought it was pretty fun and Penny was excited to see all her therapists, she started to snort again as soon as she saw her speech therapist. It was pretty cute!
 
We ended with a group picture with the two therapy dogs. It is very hard to get everybody to look at the camera- and I was kinda off to the side but we got a pretty good one. Maybe the real photographer got a better one with everyone smiling.

 
 
On Friday we did Trick or Treating in the neighborhood. I am loving our little community. It really felt like Halloween. It was like what you see in the movies, with kids running all around, and decorations, and laughter. It was a lot of fun. We even had some neighbors outside making doughnuts to hand out. They were delicious!
 
 
  Penny and Scotty were having so much fun and once they figured out they were getting candy they were very excited. They would run up to the door and knock, then when it didn't open immediately, scotty would say "Open now", then when it still didn't open, Penny would just open it herself. Which usually led to her falling into the house just as they opened the door from the inside. I couldn't stop laughing at these two silly kids. Some people were sitting outside and they would go up to them and get their candy and then proceed to the door to knock for more!
I think Halloween just might become one of my favorite holidays around here. I love putting the costumes together and seeing how happy the kids are running around getting candy and having fun. I love this town and how much they get into all the holidays. They seem to have lots of community activities going on and it just feels festive all the time. I think we are really going to enjoy living here.
I hope all of you had a fantastic Halloween and lots of scary frights ;)

No comments: