Friday, January 2, 2015

Holidays

Thanksgiving and Christmas were spent with family back in Hamer and Monteview. The kids had fun with dance parties with cousins, watching "Shaun the Sheep" on Grandma's bed, and of course opening lots of presents. They got way to many and I barely found a place to keep all of them. I am going to need to scale back in the future.
Our ward had a Christmas party and Penny and Scotty were able to sit on Santa's lap. I was surprised there were no tears! But neither of them would talk to him. We did however get a picture, so it was a success!

I also took time this year to make a Pinterest craft so we had a place to hang out stockings. I am so happy with how it turned out. Took a little trial and error but it was a great end product.


This Christmas was really fun because the kids are finally old enough to understand presents. They were very excited when they saw their stockings! I loved to watch them play with all their toys and be so excited. Even Vinny kept up pretty good. He took his First independent steps Dec 1st, so by Christmas he was really moving all over the place. He got into a candy cane that was in a stocking and was blue from ear to ear, but he loved it!!!!


The kids also loved playing in the snow and building snowman. They never lasted very long out in the cold but they sure had fun throwing snowballs and even sliding down into a big pile of snow. They were so cute all bundled up in their suits and always asked for hot chocolate when we got inside. Which was really just luke warm chocolate milk, but they loved it anyway!!


Another Christmas tradition is making sugar cookies. Licking the beaters was always my favorite part so I made sure they got a chance to do that as well. They were pretty good at helping me cut shapes out. They even frosted a couple. But I think over all putting on sprinkles and eating the cookies was the best part!!! These kids sure do know how to enjoy a good frosted cookie- so so messy- but so so worth the smile. Overall the Holidays were full of laughter and fun activities.
 


 








No comments: