Sunday, April 26, 2009

I Fell ...

The topic at church today (outside of classes of course) was: "oh my gosh, James, what happened to your arm?" His reply was simply: "I Fell". And if they didn't ask for any more of an explanation he would tell the story. It was so funny to see how everyone reacted. One of our good friends hadn't seen his arm, well being his crazy self he grabbed James' arm to help him volunteer. Once he cried out in pain he felt really bad, - oops.

So the story goes as follows: Basically James has recently taken up mountain biking. Ok not so bad, except he is using a bike that is pretty cheap. His first time down the mountain his breaks went out within 2 min. So he spent a couple of hours fixing them and tried again the next weekend. Well this time they lasted until he was about 3/4 of the way down. No as bad but still dangerous. So he had to spend a little more time working on his bike. 

On Saturday he went out biking about 3:00 p.m.. I didn't get to see him until 8:30 p.m. since he was "hanging with the guys" doing guy stuff, you know. Well he comes in the door and the first thing he says is, do you promise not to cry or scream. (panic!!). um why what did you do? He starts by showing me his fingers, they are banged up a few scratches. then his leg, a big bruise there with a few more scratches. Finally I said James just show me what else and stop stalling. So he showed me his arm....

This is about where I lost it. It looked a lot worse when I saw it because this picture is after we cleaned it up pretty good. Apparently he fixed his brakes too good this time because the about the 2nd time he hit them they locked up and he was done for. He skidded across the rocks and dirt and the bike tumbled down the mountain ahead of him. 

Well I am just really greatfull he didn't get hurt worse. He wasn't wearing a helmet (like i had asked him too). There wasn't any broken bones or head trauma so I am very thankfull our heavenly father was watching over him. 

3 comments:

Matt and Janae said...

Yikes! That doesn't look like it feels good at all. Hopefully he can get the brakes working just right! :)

Anonymous said...

I was wondering about that arm. I'll have to say that is a SWEET scrape. But you really should be wearing a helmet like Morgan said. Morgan great job on the fishing too!!

Krystal said...

Ouch! I can't believe he has such a big smile with a wound like that! Next time, James, wear a helmet like Morgan said.